Following a few simple suggestions got me through some tough times in my early days
Tips for Staying Clean & Sober
Here are some tips to help you:
- Admit that you lack the power to stay clean on your own.
- Make sobriety your #1 priority
- Throw away all your drugs and drug paraphernalia.
- Don’t deal drugs.
- Go to meetings daily.
- Get phone numbers and use them.
- If your dealer calls, hang up and call someone on your phone list.
- If no one is home and you’re in trouble, call the C.A. helpline.
- Stay away from people, places and things with which you associate drug use.
- Choose a home group; let people get to know you.
- Get a sponsor and call your sponsor every day.
- Work the Twelve Steps of Cocaine Anonymous with your sponsor.
- Read the books and literature.
- Be of service; get a commitment at a meeting.
- Be honest, open-minded and willing (H.O.W.).
- Don’t get too hungry, angry, lonely or tired (H.A.L.T.).
- Keep it simple. We stay clean and sober one day at a time.
- Pray. Ask questions. Seek answers.
- No matter what happens, keep coming back!
- Be patient. Recovery takes time.
- Remember, we care.